Revised --- Back in Toronto: April 26, 2010
Back in Sudbury: April 29, 2010

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Status of our Stuff

We've been gone for approx 8 months now, with 3.5 months to go. The first 8 months have taken quite a toll on stuff. Here is a little status list:
  • Our sleeping bags are dirty (Colin's stinks).
  • Colin is on his second SLR camera, has had repair work on one of his camera lenses and I'm on my second camera. Thank goodness for second hand stores. I got my camera used for less than half the price of a new one and it is in better shape than my original one.
  • Colin is on his 3rd pair of flip flops and so am I.
  • I have new hiking shoes (first ones got a bit roughed up while camping in Africa) and have lost my atheltic sandals (chose not to replace these).
  • Lost one of my little green amber earrings during a scuba lesson (yes Jan, my little amber studs from Poland). Lost several earrings in other places, leaving me with a bag of mostly one earring per set.
  • Both of us are on passport number 2.
  • We have our original bank cards, except I no longer have a Royal Bank debit card.
  • I have about 50% of the originals clothes I brought, still in ok shape. Colin has almost all of his original clothes, lots with holes and faded armpits.
  • Oh, and for those of you who knew we were each bringing only 3 pairs of undies...I have 2 of my original set and one replacement pair purchased on a discount shelf in Nairobi, Kenya. Colin has all 3 original pairs of undies....check this pair out, crotchless boxers!!! (he got two new pairs for Christmas but is yet to throw out the old ones). Yes, that is a HOLE!


Hehe, all in all, we are doing fine. You've got to expect these things, I guess. Wish us luck on our last 3.5 months. Hopefully no more big ticket items will be replaced!!

Miss you all, love,

P & C

No comments:

Post a Comment